Science Fiction Recommendations
Here are some of my favourite science ﬁction books, in no particular order. Any attempt to rank them would provide only a glimpse into an arbitrary snapshot of a moment, since my assessment of them relative to each other is mood-dependent.
At any rate, these are the science ﬁction stories that I have either found the most enjoyable, or that have had the greatest lasting effect on me.
- Alastair Reynolds: Pushing Ice, Revelation Space, Redemption Ark, Absolution Gap
- Frank M. Robinson: The Dark Beyond the Stars
- Kim Stanley Robinson: Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars
- Greg Egan: Diaspora
- Paul McAuley: The Quiet War, Gardens of the Sun
- Orson Scott Card: Ender's Game (but avoid the sequels)
- Bruce Sterling: Schismatrix Plus
- Isaac Asimov: Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation
- Robert L. Forward: Dragon's Egg
- Warren Ellis & Gianluca Pagliarani: Ignition City
- Harlan Ellison: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
- Wil McCarthy: Bloom